According to Co-operative Housing Society Manual 2012 – here is that the list of roles and responsibilities of co-operative housing society managing committee:
Putting a board displaying name of the society, full address with registered survey No. and Registration No. near the main gate of the society, which could be seen easily.
- To raise funds for the society.
- Recommend to the society for deciding maintenance fee, repair and deposit amount.
- To give membership, pass the resignation of members similarly to take decision regarding nomination of the members.
- Internal inspection of the flat.
- To take decision on the various applications received from the members.
- To take action against the defaulting members.
- To issue Share Certificate to the members.
- To call monthly meeting of the committee and finalize its minutes.
- To determine agenda of the annual meeting and to call Annual Meeting in prescribed period.
- To organize special general body meeting as required.
- To make arrangement of election for the formation of a new committee before expiring the term of the managing committee.
- To select office bearers by forming the new committee after election.
After taking charge of the office by the members of the managing committee, it is obligatory on them to execute bond under Section 73(1) (1AB) in M-20 (bond paper of Rs.100/- and each separately on the cost of the society) and to include the same in the record of the society. Similarly, the responsibility to inform the concerned Registrar in the regard is entrusted with Secretary.
It is necessary to take detailed note of taking charge, handover of record with its detailed list of the record received in the minutes of the managing committee meeting. Thereby the record regarding exactly which files received in whose possession and on which date is available with the society permanently.
- To fill up the vacant post in the managing committee as per provision in the byelaws and Rule No. 60(5) of Maharashtra Co-operative Rule 1961.
- To accept the resignation of the members of Managing Committee.
- To keep neatly the files of members and society records.
- To finalize the financial statement of the society within 45 days at the end of the financial year.